- Obtained her Bachelor’s degree in law in 1984 and her Master’s degree in law in 2005 from the University of Padjadjaran, Bandung, Indonesia.
- Past Assignments:
- Nov 2013 – 2017: Sr. GM Corporate Legal, Compliance & Governance PT XL-Axiata
- 2010 – 2013 : Partner, Bahar and Partners Attorneys At Law
- 2009 – 2010 : Chief Legal and Compliance, PT Indosat
- 2002 – 2003 : Commissioner of PT Satelindo
- 2002 – 2003 : Commissioner of PT Indosat Mega Media Mobile (IM3)
- 2002 – 2008 : SVP Legal/ General Counsel, PT Indosat.
- 2001 – 2002 : Secretary to The Junior Minister for National Economic Restructuring-RI
- 1999 – 2000 : SVP/ Head of Chairman Office Indonesia Bank Restructuring Agency (IBRA)
- 1985 – 1999 : Legal Manager, PT Indosat.
- Dewie has received various awards and recognition from companies as well as other institutions, such as:
- Named as one of the leading lawyers in IT, Media and Telecommunications – Asialaw Profile 2012 edition;
- Named as one of the leading individuals in telecommunications – Chambers Asia – 2012;
- Named as the leading expert for IT advice in Indonesia – Corporate INTL Magazine – 2012 edition;
- Named as a Communication law expert in Indonesia – The Global Law Experts – 2012;
- Received the Presidential Award Satyalancana Wira Karya in 2009;
- Dewie contributed to the book “Telecommunication in Asia 2006”, published by Preston Gates and Ellis, one of the leading law firms in the USA and the Indonesian Chapter in the book “The Technology, Media and Telecommunication Review,” Indonesian Chapter, 1st and 2nd Edition, published by Law Business Research Ltd.
- Professional Development
Dewie was with PT Indosat Tbk from 1985 to 2010. Her last position was as Chief Legal and Compliance Officer, covering the areas of Legal, Regulatory, Risk Management and Corporate Secretary in 2009. During this period, Dewie the Commissioner of Satelindo, international, satellite and cellular mobile telecommunications operator; and IM3, cellular mobile telecommunications operator (2002-2003); and SVP for Legal Affairs covering the areas of corporate affairs, network and litigation and the legal aspects of marketing and sales of telecommunications products.
Dewie is highly experienced in handling complex and high profile transactions in the telecommunications area. She has been involved in various domestic and international conferences and working groups related to the area of telecommunications. Some notable experiences include being the advisor to the Indonesian Members of the High Level Committee of the International Telecommunications Union (HLC-ITU) for restructurization and for the Indonesian Members of the Advisory Board of CTD-ITU, a member of various teams and working groups in developing telecommunications laws in Indonesia as well as a member of a variety research team in the office of Legal National Research (BPHN) of the Department of Justice. Dewie also has expertise in handling transactions in the corporate and business sectors, as well as mergers and acquisitions related to dual listings, issuance of USD bonds (indenture), equity and bond tender offers, debt restructuring, and loans and assets disposal. She has also maintained good relationships with the government and telecommunications lawmakers as well as having significant experience related to international telecommunications law.
Apart from telecommunications law, Dewie, during her time with Bahar and Partners, was also Partner in charge of Transportation practice group which include Aviation, Railways and Maritime. Dewie involved in right issues transaction of shipping public company owned by a big maritime group in Singapore and Malaysia; advised international organization in aviation on general corporate matters, advised a state owned company in railways operation on coal, hampers, palm oil transportations, assets utilization and locomotives/train maintenance.
Dewie has actively attended various international training programs, seminars, and short courses on telecommunications, Islamic and ethical finance, as well as management and professional skills such as: (i) Problem Solving and Decision Making, Board of Directors’ Authorities and Liabilities, Stanford University, USA, (ii) Leadership, Strategy and Execution by Prof. Ram Charan, (iii) BOC and Directorship Program, Corporate Leadership Development Institute – Jakarta. Dewie was entrusted with speaking at various seminar including the In-House Congress in 2009, held by an international legal conference and publishing house, Pacific Business Press.
- Professional Activities
- Independent Commissioner of BTPN Syariah since June 2014.
- Senior member of the Indonesian Telecommunications Society (Mastel).
- One of the founders and Deputy Chair for Communication and Information of Masyarakat Hukum Udara or Indonesian Air Law Society (IALS).
- Member of Padjadjaran Law Society
- Member of Peradi Indonesia
- Head of Public Policy & Government Relations, May 2018-present.
- Legal and Public Policy Manager in Naspers Limited, Brussels, Belgium, May 2017-July 2017.
- Head of Education, Human Resources & Customer Protection Division in Indonesia E-commerce Association (idEA), 2016-present.
- Legal & Public Policy Manager in OLX Indonesia, 2013-April 2018
- Magister ilmu hukum Universitas Jayabaya